Sunday, March 11, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Kira

Hey everyone!  It's Kira and I am back with TWO layouts for you using the Sunday Sketch.  Have you used the sketches for your travelers notebook layouts yet?  I consider myself a TN newbie...or a TN dabbler?  Lol.  I don't know, I do TN spreads occasionally, but it's definitely not my main form of documenting.  So I find sketches really helpful!



I used the sketch originally for this 12x12 layout.  I chose this picture of my dog since it was horizontal vs. vertical orientation.  And then I stuck very closely to the sketch.

I started with all my paper layers.  I used the 6x6 papers that were included in the Pocket Life kit.  I wanted to use ALL THE COLORS on this layout.  So I loved the public transportation map paper, and loved that it also served as a neutral to break up the other patterned paper I chose.



I created a small cluster to the left of my photo using the camera from the thicker pack, a couple stickers from the Here & There sticker pack and finished it off with a puffy sticker from the PL kit.  

I added a small amount of stitching on top of the layers in black thread.  Along with a few puffy stickers from the embellishment kit and Pocket Life kit to add another pop of color above my photo.

I used the Here & There thickers for my title.  And layered it with a sticker from the Here & There cardstock stickers.  I brought the puffy stickers down to my title to create a diagonal design along my page and incorporated some more black by adding some splatters.



I added my journaling strips and a date stamp and called this page done.  You can watch the entire process here.



Now see how I used the same sketch but in a TN format. 



The first thing I did for this TN spread was flip the sketch on it's side.  Most of my photos are portrait orientation since I take them on my phone.  So it made more sense to me to flip the sketch.



I also went a little lighter on my layers.  And honestly, finding the right balance was harder in this format than it was on the 12x12 layout...but that's probably because I am a TN newbie/dabbler.



You might notice that I did add some stitching on my layers here too.  I did that before I adhered on layers into my album, and chose black since I knew I was going to add black throughout the rest of the layout.

When I started working on the reverse side, I knew I wanted to use one of the adorable Amy Tangerine paperclips as my title.  This led to me deciding on sort of flipping my orientation again.  I think it added a really whimsical look to the page. 


I added the phrase "Photo Story" from the TN stamp set.  Then added journaling strips underneath.  I finished the page off with black splatters.  You can watch the entire process here



I can't wait to see how you interpret this sketch!

Until next time,

Kira 

 

1 comment: