Monday, April 17, 2017

Let's Get Digital -- Easter Fun with Andrea!

Hello there everyone! It's Andrea Bethke here and first I want to say that I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! And in celebration of this special time of year, I wanted to give you guys a little Easter present for your “scrapbook basket”...it is like an Easter basket, but with digital scrappy goodness inside! That's right everyone, today is a “let's get digital day” and in honor of Easter-time, I have made for you all some really cute printables! I will show you how to use these printables for a quick day after Easter scrappy project. You will see how to take my printables and your Citrus Twist April kits and some of those fun pics you took yesterday to play and make something really easy and pretty for your Easter memories!


So let's take a look at the printables. There is a large, 8x10 printable for a layout background (or you could use it for journaling too if you like) and there are pocket 3x4 card printables too! And there is an adorable bunny in the printables...yaaaaaay!

Background 8x10 printable:


3x4 card printables:



And now let's get started “gettin digital”, shall we? So first download your Easter printables and then print them out on nice cardstock (you could also use photo paper if you want to...matte would probably work best). And then look at those photos you just took yesterday for Easter and pick a few of your faves out! You do not need to go through aaaaaaalllll of the Easter pics you took right now, so just skim through and choose a few of the ones that really pop out at you as being super cute. I don't want you to get overwhelmed with all the Easter photos there are to go through. This isn't meant to be a huge Easter project, but just a fun, next day kind of scrappy, happy Easter project where you can just make a quick layout or pocket page or both using your new printables.


I designed these printables to be easy to use. You can simply tuck the 3x4 pocket cards into a pocket page with some pics if you like. Maybe do a little bit of journaling and a wee bit of decorating with stickers or enamel dots or buttons and things and voila, you are done!


And I made it easy to use the large 8x10 printable to make a cool Easter layout too! What I did was automatically give you your background to build a layout on. And as you can see, I gave you a title with the “Happy Easter” at the top of the page. Then at the bottom, opposite corner from the title, I placed my sweet little bunny. And then there is a whole lot of white space for you to work with! All you have to do is frame this printable with some patterned paper from the Citrus Twist April kit! I love the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams paper in there and I couldn't choose between a couple of them so I decided to use a bit of both.


Once you have framed your printable, start building up on the page, in the white space. I cut out a frame from the frame patterned paper in the kit (also from Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams) and used that as a cute frame for my photo. I had printed a few photos out, but this one I think looked the cutest on my layout (so the others will be used later in a pocket page with my other printables). And then after I framed my pic, I backed it with a few layers. I used a couple pocket life cards from the Citrus Twist Pocket Life kit for April along with a few cut pieces of patterned paper from the Main kit.


I added some cute embellishments like the awesome Pinkfresh Studio paperclip and the lovely butterfly flair and the ephemera pack pieces that come exclusive in the kit. I also used some fun pop up stickers from Dear Lizzy that came in the Embellishment Add on kit. 


For some extra depth, I popped up my cute printable bunny too! For this, I just printed out the 8x10 printable again and fussy cut out the bunny, then popped it up in it's spot with a pop-dot. And that was about it...a little sewing here and there and I was done! So simple and easy and fast!


Alright, well I hope you enjoyed this “let's get digital” with me today and that you enjoy your Easter printables! Bye everyone! And remember to “live your life as a fairytale”, as I always say! 


2 comments: