Saturday, October 15, 2016

3 to Inspire with Aimee

Yay! It's my favourite day of the week with my ALL TIME favourite challenge to host!

Oh yeah, doesn't it feel good! Okay, it probably feels better for me because I've done the challenge and I don't mean to toot my own horn here, but in the many years I've been here at Citrus Twist, 3 of my top 5 layouts have been made for Citrus Twist. Today we make it 4.



Here is your challenge should you choose to accept it:

1. Pick a shape and go wild with it.
2. Use Twine - preferably from your kit packing.
3. Use something from a past kit.

Did you read it all in the mission impossible voice? I did when I wrote it. 


Originally, I thought I was going to make a layout titled "My Busy Little Bee", hence the hexagons. I got as far as constructing the 'honeycomb', when I decided to change the photo and the title didn't work anymore. Good thing it looks like a pretty quilt. In fact if your struggling with this challenge that would be a good place to start - search quilts on Pinterest for great ideas on how to go wild with shapes.


The twine for my layout has 2 great uses not only is it a pretty bow that adds great texture and movement to the page, its also a great way to hang the tassels in this months scrapbooking kit.


For the challenge to use a past kit, I choose a few pieces of left over ephemera from the Maggie Holmes Gather pack. It was in last months "Maggie" Scrapbook kit. I swear one day I'll use up an entire ephemera pack. It hasn't happened yet, but you know... we should all have goals.


I really hope you love this layout as much as I do and I really look forward to seeing your take on the challenge. Remember: Use the three prompts to create your own projects and share them with us here in the gallery and/or our Facebook Forum. Better still there is Instagram too! Don't forget to tag @citrustwistkits and hashtag #citrustwistkits #ctk3toinspire.



Aimee Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment