Sunday, July 3, 2016

Sunday Sketch with Wendy

Hello Citrus Twist Kits lovelies and Happy (long) Holiday Weekend (American peeps)!

Wendy here to share up with you today the Sunday Sketch.  I love long weekends and you can take this sketch to work up some creative flow after you eat some BBQ and enjoy some down time to kick start summer!  I feel I take more photos in the summer months and this sketch is a great one to bring a fun vibe to your next layout.



As my usual layout style and size, I adapted the sketch to a 9x12 layout format.

Here's my take on the Sunday Sketch this week...


My three stepsons still live in Europe (near Salzburg, Austria, to be exact).  We are thousands of miles apart but love for family is near and dear.  Plus, I had to include our Yorkie, Principessa (aka Italian for Princess) Saponaro who is part of the family too. Ha!

The repetition of the circles on this sketch had me at hello!  I like the different flow to get away from the typical and routine square photos.  So fun!


For this sketch, I blew the dust off of my circle punches.  I used circle punches in the sizes of 3", 1 1/2", 1", and 3/4" or you can easily use your Silhouette Cameo to cut out the various circle sizes.  The repetition of circles in the sketch brings many opportunities to use various pattern papers or photos, as you prefer.


On one of the 3" circles, I added my journaling with a typewriter along with the "I like us" phrase from the stamp set in the June 2016 "Capri" Scrapbook Kit.  I used the Maggie Holmes papers along with the Citrus Twist Kits exclusive paper in the kit.





The touch of florals along the circle shapes bring warmth to the sketch.  So, I added some floral sprigs from my stash along with some hand stitching for the leaves.


Supply List:

Citrus Twist Kits | June 2016 "Capri" Scrapbook Kit, Stamps: June 2016, December 2015, This Moment, Tiny Attacher stapler.

Other | Circle punches, spray mist, dye ink, florals, embroidery thread, needle, wood veneers (letters).

Now it's your turn. If you want to play along with this week's Sunday Sketch and be eligible to win a $5 gift certificate, create a project based off of the sketch and upload it to CTK Gallery by next Saturday. Please make sure to include "Sketch 7/3" to the title line of your project.

I hope I inspired you and you enjoyed my take on this week's Sunday Sketch!  We can't wait to see what you create with this sketch!  Now go and create it up!

Wendy 

No comments:

Post a Comment