Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Tuesday Tutorial with Melissa Mann

Good Morning!

I'm sharing my pocket page process with you this morning!

I really loved the large acetate words that were included in the April kit! I tried to put at least one of the words on every page to add some cohesion to the three spreads I completed in my album.  I am *still* working on getting 2015 caught up!

The first step is obviously printing out my photos. I used Photoshop and my Canon Selphy printer and print all my photos at home. This has worked really well for me as I can print exactly how many photos I need and the size I need. Once all my photos are printed out, I match them up to which page protector will best work. I still have a lot of 12x12 page protectors left over and even though I'm using the 9x12 album, I'm making them work! I cut them down to the size that will fit. I love having all the different sized protectors in my album :-)



Once my photos are printed, I cut them down with my paper trimmer. I usually print a variety of 4x6 photos and 3x4 photos. I really love adding a sequence of photos in my albums. I had 3 pictures that I had taken of my husband one evening and really wanted to incorporate them into one of my spreads. I printed all three at the 3x4 size and converted them to black and white.

Once my photos are printed and trimmed, I decide which cards and background papers I want to use with them. I typically use the 6x6 papers included in the Pocket Life Kits for my 4x6 photos. I cut them down to that size and then trim my photos to be slightly smaller. I love the look of machine stitching and usually stitch all these together.


I also picked out two cards to use for some longer journaling: the yellow woodgrain(ish) paper trimmed to 4x6 and the "Now" 3x4 card. Since I was documenting the month of September, I really didn't want the word "March" to show on the top of my 3x4 card. I used one of the text stickers to cover it up and it worked perfectly!

I typed up my journaling on the cards and then I decided I wanted to jazz up the three black and white photos of my husband with one of the acetate words. I placed it over the top of all three cards and then cut it into three pieces to stretch over all three photos. I then stitched this down with my sewing machine.


Once I have all my cards put together, I embellish all of them with stickers, stamps, etc.



Make sure you share your page with us! We would love to see them ;-)

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Love the spread!! The acetate words are just the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete