Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tuesday Tutorial with Gina

Hi everyone, it's wonderful to be back on the CTK team and creating with these gorgeous kits once again. I'm sharing a step-by-step process of my first layout using the January Main and Sprinkles kits


Initially I was planning on a misted background, but even though I applied a clear gesso primer before misting,  the card stock still buckled a bit, so I grabbed a piece of deli (sheer) paper and placed it over the misted section. Where the colour showed through the deli paper, I used a paint brush to go over with some (slightly watered down) mists. once dry I added some subtle graphite scribbles


and started layering pieces, placing some under the sheer paper. The twine was kit packaging, a lovely touch Trina adds to the kits and perfect for adding in some colour and texture


the next step was to adhere the sheer paper with a light application of acid free glue stick, machine stitching and a few embellishments




to finish I've added some journaling, title alphabet stickers and a wood veneer arrow



Thanks for stopping by..I hope you'll consider including an extra layer like this, it adds a lovely softness to the overall page and handles the watercolour/mists well too (and of course it can also help to cover up a false start!)

Gina Rodgers

1 comment: