Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday Sketch with Missy Whidden

Hey there, Citrus Twist fans!  Missy here with you today, and I'm so excited to bring you this week's Sunday Sketch.  It's an awesome sketch, and this month's kits are just perfect to use for it.  I love the square photo, the layering, and those fun corner pieces.  Sketches are such a fun jumping off point to get your scrappy juices flowing!


Here is what I created based on this sketch.  I stayed pretty true to it.  I started with one of the Seven Paper sheets for my background.  I added a bit of white gesso and then some bright blue acrylic paint.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut some messy rectangular frames out of the Basic Grey paper and built my layers on top of that.  I used a lot of the Maggie Holmes papers for this as well as the fun printable cut-apart sheet.


I love all of these bright colors together!  I love layering bits and pieces around my photo.  I used one of the fun flair buttons, one of the Heidi Swapp scripty puffy stickers, one of the sentiments from the branding strip of the exclusive CTK papers, exclusive wood veneer...so many little details!  I used a foam brush to apply the acrylic paint.  I wanted a messy brush stroke effect.


I added some cord to the cut-apart tag here and layered it behind the photo.  I also added in some pink tangled thread behind the flair button.  That is a great way to add a pop of color and some fun texture to your page.


I fussy cut more pieces here and did lots of machine stitching.  I also used some of the exclusive CTK stamps on my layout.  They are super fun and can be used in so many ways!


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how this layout came together.  Thanks for watching!



Okie dokie...that is my layout!  I hope it has inspired you in some way.  I hope you use it to create something amazing!  If you do use the sketch, make sure you upload it to the Citrus Twist Gallery by next Saturday to be eligible for a $5 coupon to the store!  Be sure to add "1/17" to the title line so we know what sketch you're using.  I can't wait to see what everyone makes!

Have a fabulous day!

Missy :) 

3 comments:

  1. Ooohhh!!! I sooooo ENJOY watching your process video!! Also love the result ♡ Thanks!! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Anna! I'm glad you enjoyed the video :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Your videos are fantastic, really enjoy your process.

    ReplyDelete