Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sunday Sketch with Emma

Hi everyone!  It's Emma here to share this week's Sunday Sketch challenge.

First up, here is the sketch I worked from:


As you can see, the main focus of this sketch is to use multiple photo's on your layout.  The great thing about sketches is we don't have to stick with the design completely, we can use it as our starting point and go from there!

Multiple photo's on my small 6x8 pages is tough so for this one I kept with the general grid layout but instead of using 4 photo's, I used 4 groupings of patterned paper and added a single photo on top!


I also turned the sketch upside down so the "title" grouping was at the bottom of my page but instead of making it my title, I made it a cluster of paper/embellishments.  And for my title I used one of the veneer words over my photo and grouped with my journaling, just like the sketch only in a different position :)



My finished page is a bit different that the original sketch but I think it's still easy to see where the inspiration came from :)  As I mentioned earlier, that's one of the great things about using as sketch, you don't have to follow it exclusively, they can be such a great starting platform!



Now it's your turn to take on this week's sketch!

We love to see what you do with our kits and sketches so please make sure to upload your projects to the Citrus Twist Gallery. And remember, by uploading your take on today's sketch to the gallery you will be entered to win a $5 Coupon to use on anything in the CTK Store!  Just remember to include the date of the sketch to the title line :)

Thanks, Em xo

5 comments:

  1. YES!!! Awesome is the word!!! I looove those layerd squares to pieces Emma!!! I may have to borrow that from you.... ;) AND I love that sketch too!!! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Can't wait to see your page!! :)

      Delete
  2. This grid idea! And the stitching! Gorgeous Layout!

    ReplyDelete