Monday, January 4, 2016

January Kit Love with Missy

Hey there!  Missy here with my very first post as a Design Team Member!  I'm so excited to be here and working with these beautiful kits!  Today I'm sharing a video sharing all the awesome goodies in the January Main "Verona" Kit and the Sprinkles Kit.  I'm also sharing my first layout I created using just the Main Kit.

Here is what is included in the Main Kit and the Sprinkles Kit.  You can also see the layout I created at the end of the video.



Here is a layout I created using only the Main Kit.  I love adding paints and gelatos to my projects, and I used some aqua acrylic paints and a few shades of aqua gelatos to create a fun background.  I used a palette knife to smudge the acrylic paint on and then used a water brush to color on the gelatos.  I did use a bit of white gesso first to create a layer for the paint.

I love the fun summer colors of these papers, and I used a few different sized circle punches to create the circles.  My favorite part of this layout is the fun wood veneer "adventure."


I punched this piece from the Maggie Holmes cut apart sheet and then machine stitched through it.  I used some yellow paint to color that little wood veneer heart.  That is part of the exclusive wood veneer package this month.


Here's another exclusive wood veneer.  I used some pink paint and a pink gelato to give it some color.  You can really see the texture created here from the gesso.  It also serves as a whitening agent and acts as a barrier.  The blue gelato stayed true to its color against the yellow paper because of the gesso.


This piece here is from the exclusive cut apart sheet this month.  The colors are so pretty, and they matched perfectly with my summer page.  I added in some yellow thread from my stash.


This gorgeous sherbet colored paper is a Citrus Twist exclusive this month, and it's gorgeous.  I added a stamped sentiment here (also an CTK exclusive), some machine stitching and a Heidi Swapp puffy arrow sticker.  That cute yellow and white label is from the cut apart sheet.


Finally, here is a look at the Heidi Swapp wood veneer.  I used gelatos, acrylic paint and watercolors to give it this look.  I just love how it turned out!  I paired it with some of the Studio Calico Seven Paper puffy alpha stickers and one of the cut apart sentiments.  Altering wood veneer is so fun!


I hope this inspires you create something fun and unique with your January Kits!  I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Have a great day!

Missy

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovley LO. Really Love the colors. Thanks for the video and all the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I absolutely love your layout! It's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an amazing job you did, love this sooooo much! Great usage of colors, looks phenomenal Missy!!

    ReplyDelete