Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A Fun Layout with Missy

Hey, friends!  Missy back with you, and I have a fun layout to share today using the January Main "Verona" Kit and the Sprinkles Kit.  I just love this pretty pink exclusive patterned paper in the Main Kit...so I used a big portion of it on this layout.  I did some fussy cutting from the Maggie Holmes cut-apart sheet, lots of layering and some mixed media work.

These cute photos are of my youngest daughter from a few years ago.  She decided to sit inside her little toy box one day and thought it was the funniest thing.  So my title is kind of a funny take on that.


I fussy cut the blue heart and the "LOVE" letters from patterned paper.  I wanted to be able to move the letters around a bit.  I paired them with one of the Heidi Swapp puffy word stickers.  I used some inks and watercolors to give some color to the letters.  I added in one of the exclusive wood veneers, one of the printable labels, a Simple Stories heart sticker and some machine stitching.


I used a few alpha stamps from my stash to create the word "girl" and added my journaling under it.  Mixing and matching fonts is a really fun technique.  It breaks things up and keeps it interesting :)


These white and silver stickers are so much fun, and the sayings on them are great!  I layered in a few scrap pieces of patterned paper here at the bottom and stitched through them.  I like to bring in all the colors from the main portion of the page to any other clusters I create.


I used some gelatos and acrylic paints to add some shading to this part of the page.  I didn't want to completely cover up this gorgeous pink paper, so I only added a bit of yellow and pink.  I did add some white gesso over it all first.  I also added some machine stitching and some loose tangled thread.


This doilie was a perfect embellishment here...I love the pop of yellow.  It also makes a great layer.  I used the excess blue paper from where I cut the heart out earlier.  Scraps make great layering pieces!


Here's one more close-up of the bottom...this cute little flair button matches that blue heart paper perfectly.  I layered it on top of a printable label and Simple Stories sticker.


Here's my process video if you'd like to check out how I made this page from start to finish.  I hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon!

Missy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment