Saturday, December 26, 2015

3 to Inspire


Hello! Michelle here with this week's "3 to Inspire" challenge!

Your take on this challenge can be a layout or a PL spread and you must include all 3 prompts on your project. This is what I have for you today:

1. Use patterned paper for your background.
2. Add in a bold black. 
3. Create some texture.

Here is my take using the December Main Kit:

Be Happy

For my background I used the super cool yellow ombre patterned paper. I really loved how that one choice made my layout look so different from my other projects. I added in some bold, black in three spots with stickers and a diecut (**Note that I placed them in a visual triangle--an old design rule that really comes in handy when deciding where to place embellishments or pops of color.) Finally, I added in texture in three different ways: by layering the tissue paper under the papers; adding in some drops of gold Color Shine; and finishing my project off with some machine stitching. Here's a close up at the details:

Be Happy 2

Now it's your turn! Use the three prompts to create your own project, share it with us here in the gallery, and you will be eligible to win a small prize from the CTK Store. Make sure to include the date of the challenge in the title of your gallery submission.  Can't wait to see what you all do!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment