Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Tuesday Tutorial with Tara

Hello lovelies, it's Tara here sharing a little tutorial with card making. I love making cards with leftovers or extra paper and embellishments I have laying around. I thought I would finally give it a go making shaker cards, thanks to some inspiration from Jennifer Maguire Ink on YouTube. 

Here are the supplies I used today:

- 1 Simple Stories page protector 
- sequins from my stash
- Amy Tangerine Finders Keepers tag 
  (Oct Sprinkles Kit)
- Dear Lizzy Documentary "Me & You"
- We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool
- adhesive 



I cut out one of the 2x2 squares from the page protector and sized up how I would want it to lay behind the tag. 



Next, I trimmed down the pocket and fused it on the remaining sides. Make sure to allow your Fuse to get nice and hot before using and use it slowly. I was a little impatient and had to re-do some of the fusing. I filled up my pocket with embellishments and fused it shut. Don't worry about your fusing looking perfect or pretty! It should be covered up when you sandwich the shaker pocket between the tag and paper.



I secured the patterned paper first to some cardstock, then figured out where I wanted the tag and shaker pocket to go. Then I adhered the shaker pocket and lastly, the tag on top. Finally, I added some finishing touches like the fun twine (repurposing it from our packaging), a chipboard embellishment, and some alphas. 


Here is the finished card, awaiting a stamped sentiment and some writing inside.

Does anyone else make shaker cards or want to have a go at it now that the Fuse makes it much easier? I hope I inspired you to try something new! Please share your creations in our Gallery or on our Facebook Fan Page.

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

Xxo, Tara 

3 comments: