Thursday, September 10, 2015

Smile


Hello! Michelle here with you today sharing a new layout featuring the "leftovers" from my September Kits.

This month I flew through the process of making my layouts (A sure sign that the kits were awesome!) and before I knew it, I was left with a small pile of paper scraps. Generally, I am not one to hold on to products that I have already gotten a lot of use out of , but this month I couldn't part with even the tiniest of scraps. Today I am going to show you how I used some of those up.

Smile 5

Working from a pile of scraps is a sure fire way to simplify the process of creating for the sole reason that I have little to choose from. Here I had only a few pieces left-two small rectangles, a long paper strip, and left over circles that I had used on a previous project. 

Smile 6

Since I had very little paper, I went ahead and spread what I did have out across the page to fill as much room as possible. The circles that I laid out in a vertical line are pretty small, but since they are in a bold black pattern, they stand out and add contrast.

Smile 7

Having a limited amount of paper on hand meant that I was a little strapped when it came to adding in more color to my layout. This is where embellishments such as stickers,ephemera, and small pieces such as sequins and acrylic shapes really come in handy.   With these I was able to dress my layout up and add in more patterns and colors.

Smile 8

Here is a look at the final project:

Smile

Wishing you a great day!

1 comment: