Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sunday Sketch with Chantal

Hi everyone!

I'm back for another edition of "Sunday Sketch"

I was immediately inspired by the layout sketch because of it's white space design and the photo options. Instead of the suggested four small photos, I opted for a single large square (not exactly but close enough) one.


Since I always seem to be scrapping about my daughter and/or significant others, I shifted gears a bit and went for something a little more untraditional.

I've sported the same glasses for years now; a pair of black acetates but it's time for a switch and an update but I just can't make up my mind. The below photos were grabbed directly from my favourite manufacturer's website.


I started by printing some text directly onto my background in a light beige colour. I then cut out a piece of patterned paper slightly larger then my photo and adhered both onto my page, cut out the word "specks" with my Silhouette (in both lower case and caps), mixed them up and randomly glued them onto both my photo and the background. The tags were slipped behind it all with a little glue.


Although I would much prefer to own a typewriter, printing text onto a regular white sheet of printer paper normally does the trick. I just cut it out and then stitch it onto my project. The Seven Paper stickers were a perfect addition to my project. I simply added them directly onto my photo…a little pop of colour never hurt anybody, right?!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I love how You scrap about so many different everyday stories!

    ReplyDelete