Thursday, November 13, 2014

Constellation Trend With Sandy


Hi it's Sandy. I'm so glad to be back playing with Citrus Twist's November Kits after taking two-month long break to travel for work. The first thing that struck me about this month's Get Cozy Main Kit is that Heidi Swapp Star Gazing pattern paper. Fashion, movies and home decor have been under the constellation spell for a while so it's no surprise to see it making the jump into scrapbooking. I want to show you my take on this intergalactic trend.


b5

I didn't want to be too literal with it so no scrapping about the moon or pairing it with a night sky photo. Instead I choose to focus on the zodiac motifs - how the star points are joint together with lines but with the alphabets of my layout title taking the place of stars. Since I'll be spreading my title out across the width of the page I go with the smaller sized Pink Paislee Solstice Alphas (spray painted silver to better fit in with the colour scheme of the layout) from the Special Order Embellishment Kit, mixing in a larger sized R from the Beanboard Alpha set that's included in the Get Cozy Main Kit so that it'll stand out against the photo. In a final node to this celestial trend I also sprinkle some Gossamer Blue Enamel Stars among the horns of my deer embellishment cluster.

Heidi Swapp Star Gazing Pattern Paper 

Have you been inspired by this fashionable constellation trend too? If so please share it with us by loading your project onto our Gallery. Every week one submitted layout will be chosen to be featured on the Citrus Twist Kits Blog.   

3 comments: