Saturday, September 13, 2014

Patterned Paper Play

Some patterned papers are so hard to use because they can be so busy or just too much going on.  Well, most of you probably know I mainly use white for my backgrounds. That being said I flipped over the one paper in the September main kit and thought "oh my I have picture that would work perfectly for this paper".  I didn't like that the sand was so low and my picture would be way at the bottom do after sorting through the kit I figure out a way to make this work.

So I first pulled out the main paper I was using, a fun cork like paper (I think it looks like sand too), and the piece of crape paper you get in your kit.


I cut the papers and attached under the main paper.  I gain an inch+ on the bottom by doing this.


But to do this I had to cut an inch+ off the top.


Since I was adding so much in one corner I need to offset the top.  I used some of the pretty sequence that come in the kit.  I literally just sprinkled them on and LOVE where they fell!  Love when things work out!



Then I started adding all the little embellishments to help make this page just the way I wanted it to look.  I took the string and rounded it up and placed one of the wood veneers through it.  I used the tiny stickers to get the date.



Here is the full layout.  I had fun going out of my norm for once :) 



I hope this inspires you to try the same!

2 comments: