Thursday, May 15, 2014

Be Inspired By Banners

Hello, everyone! Melissa here with you today to share a layout that was inspired by my love of banners. Whether it's a simple string of pennants or a chain of Tibetan prayer flags, there's just something about seeing all types of shapes, colors, and patterns stitched together in orderly rows that appeals to me. I've actually put together a little Pinterest board with some inspiring banners that I found while browsing the web, and my layout features a large banner that brings together several pieces of the Maggie Holmes vellum die cut pack from the May kits.

love_banner.jpg

DSC_6207.jpg

If you're familiar with Maggie's own scrapbook pages, then you know that she's got a knack for making beautiful banners out of almost anything, and it's one of the things that I wanted to learn how to incorporate when developing my own scrapbooking style.

DSC_6203.jpg

To help balance out the page, I added lots of layering around the photo to bring more weight to the bottom. The gold doily and larger "love" vellum die cut were a perfect way to do that, and the lovely glittered gold enamel dots added the perfect finishing touches.

DSC_6201.jpg

A banner can make a statement on its own on a page, or it can serve to connect elements that might otherwise seem separate. Why not try a banner on your next layout?

No comments:

Post a Comment