Monday, January 6, 2014

Simple Strategies With Sandy

Hi everyone ! I'm thrilled to be back and working with the first kits of 2014. One of my favourite things this month is the Studio Calico Printshop 6x6 paper pad from the Project Life Kit. The smaller scale patterns are perfect for what I call my messy-desk style layout.   
 
New York

This type of design basically seeks to replicate the look of a craft table with scraps of pattern paper strewn all over. I simply take a large sheet of brown paper, cut a 8.5x11 rectangle out of the middle and move pieces of 6x6 papers around, under the cut-out until I settle on a pleasing arrangement. 
 
c3

Then I glue everything down and trim off any excess that falls outside the cut-out. Add the title, a photo or two, some journaling and finish off with a fun embellishment like this Citrus Twist exclusive - a handmade butterfly garland.
 
d3

The many graphic black and white patterns in this paper pad, in particular that bold graffiti scrawl, suggested to me the excitement and energy of New York. So I paired them with some neutralising kraft papers and scrapped this page about visiting Liberty Island. I've used some store items on my page such as The Pier slide frame and labels from Basic Grey's Capture Snippets Journal, as well as some items from older kits such as the Star & Bee chipboard arrows and Prima alphabets.    
 
a3

Hope you enjoy playing with your January kits as much as I do. And don't forget to check out the store as Trina has added lots of exciting new items. You have to be quick though, as they tend to sell out fast ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment