Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Approach to Pocket Life 2014

Hi everyone! It's April again.  I'm back to share my approach to pocket life for 2014 as well as share my first week using the January PL, PL Embellie, and Main Embellie kits!

I had been getting bored with my current 2013 format as of late, so like many others, I was considering switching it up for 2014.  There are just so many options when it comes to size, format, etc, that would make it different (and therefore, a little more "fun") for me, but when it came down to it, I needed to stick with a system that would work consistently for me.

That being said, I decided to stick with my 2013 approach.  It's just what works for me.  I'll be doing a 12"x12" format with a two page spread for each week using Design F page protectors.  The small differences in 2014 are:
  • I definitely won't be doing a "week in review" card like I did in 2013 - I always dreaded writing those out.
  • I'm going to try to incorporate more fun elements like stitching and die cuts.
  • Hopefully, I'll be able to incorporate more of my husband's voice on my spreads.
I still haven't finished my 2013 album (slowly but surely.. I will finish it), but I'm planning to keep up with 2014 while I finish up 2013, so here's my week 1!

DSCN4101_800_CTK

I'm actually not sure what I was thinking when I planned this page and when I actually started putting it all together.  I meant for this first week to be a short week: Jan 1-5.  I even stamped my week card Jan 1 - Jan 5!  But somehow, I incorporated the full week (which included Dec 30 and 31)... and I didn't even realize I did this until after the spread was complete!  (I may go back and re-do this spread completely, but we'll see!)

DSCN4103_800

DSCN4105_800

Some close-up shots:

DSCN4108_800



In case you were wondering, I haven't done a title page for my 2014 album yet. It'll most likely be the last thing I do for my album (I still don't even have any title/end pages for my 2013 albums)!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment