Friday, November 22, 2013

Playing with Pocket Life with Jen

Happy Friday to all! This week I am sharing my Week 39 in my yearly album. It was a week packed with activities, stories, aqua and pink. I had so much fun playing with the November PL and PL Embellishment kits!

Jen_NovPL2_1
My left page focused on things happening at home: a note about my boys being morning people, my new ironing routine for my oldest son's school uniforms, play time, collecting baby girl clothing and a note about stray socks.

Jen_NovPL2_2
The right side was about what happened outside: visits to a local nature center (aren't the floral and butterfly patterns perfect for these outdoor photos?), my 20 week anatomy scan, family breakfast at a favorite diner and a sweet quote from my oldest about his baby sister-to-be.

Jen_NovPL2_3
I absolutely loved this frame pattern and wanted to maximize its impact by using it for my weekly date card. I simply used my craft knife to cut out the inside of several of the frames and added other snips of patterns from the 6x6 pad and a glassine pocket of sequins to the back. Then, layered the kit washi tape on a few other openings, stamped my dates on a label and tucked that partially inside another frame. The finish was the 39 using the fun, glittery Thickers from the PL Embellishment kit.

Jen_NovPL2_9
The 1/2/3 exclusive wood veneers were a super fun inclusion and I wanted to make them stand out. This week, as I was writing out the conversation between my husband and son I knew the three would be a perfect accent to highlight G's age (journaling card is a printable freebie from my stash). I colored the number with a pink Sharpie pen and then added the coordinating hot pink butterfly paper to the top of the card.

Jen_NovPL2_6
And here are your PL sketches for the week. Enjoy!

Jen_NovSketches



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful PL pages! Love that frame paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how much detail and information you manage to put in your spread without them looking busy! Still very much in awe of your handwriting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous spread (as usual) Jen! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete