Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Guessing Game #4-Tutorial Tuesday with Nina

Hi there, it´s Nina here today with a little layout tutorial using the Citrus Twist June Kit.

DSC_0426

DSC_0428

DSC_0434

DSC_0432

When first I saw the Cosmo Cricket patterned paper I fell in LOVE with both sides of it. I decided to make a layout with a "file folder" tab to have the journaling frame inside this beautiful striped pattern.

The patterned paper is cut in a size of 12"x6", folded in a half. The little 1/2" tab on the top is cut raw with a scissor. I always love to sew on my pages, therefore I sew around the folder. To place the journaling inside this tab I used one of the cute Crate Paper Chipboard Frames filled with the typewriter journaling about our last traveling. To decorate the frame I added some arrows as well as the "swim in the sea" stamp from the kit

DSC_0436

For the background I used the white cardstock. To have direction I marked the folder position to see where I want to add the colors.

DSC_0435

I used some Faber Castell Gelatos, Glaze and a mask from my stash to create this backgound. That´s the messy and favorite part of the page because you get always different results. I lay down the mask of the cardstock to paint a thin layer of Glaze over it. After drying, I used yellow and pink Gelatos, rub them across the page and paint with a thick water brush to mix all colors together. With this technique you get at the color transitions new colors. The Glaze dots have a little shimmery touch and repel the color. One important point is to let the whole sheet dry before starting with the rest of the page. At best, fixed with some washi tape on the working mat. That guarantees less disturbing waves on it.

On this page I decided to place a lot embellishments clustered on the left edge. I mixed together Studio Calico sundrifter cut outs, cork plus chipboard arrows and some Enamel Dots.

DSC_0431

The next step is to place the photo with the Crate Paper chipboard accents on the top of the folder.

DSC_0437

The "summer days" chipboard is perfect for the summary title of the page.

DSC_0429

For a nice detail I add also the Smash "Yes" clip on the folder.

DSC_0430

Thanks for visiting today the Citrus Twist Blog!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Nina!!! I love the softness of the colors and your awesome background work! Just beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete