Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday Inspiration


Hi it's Sandy with an artsy-style layout which is a bit of a departure from my normal scrapping style. I start stamping with the Prima Chalk Ink on grey cardstock. The grid pattern is created using a rectangle of wire mesh. Then I put all the tiny sentiments from the June Main Kit Stamp onto an acrylic block and stamp over the grid pattern.

.

Next I built two embellished blocks : one around the photo, the other around the journaling. Those Sundrifter Die-Cut Shapes go so well with The Pier Slide Frames. I layer several of the them together with tags cut-out from the Altantic Plymouth paper.

. .

I'll also want to share a fun idea for using the washi tapes that Trina packs into the kits each month. Cover your buttons with tape, tear off the edges and you will have fun little dimensional embellishments for your page. Here are some examples using washi tape from the June Main Kit and from previous kits. I used the Main Kit, Embellie Kit and Paper Kit. The only things added from my stash are the chipboard film strips, title sentiments and mists.

.
 

6 comments:

  1. oh I ADORE this layout Sandy..love what you done with the stamping and washi covered buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has great elements and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! like how u have 2 clusters on your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this too!!! The details, the colors and the background are fabulous!! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sandy! Love this one also! I like that your layouts are 8.5x11! I think I'm going to copy you and start doing this size also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh oh, I love that tip about the washi tape + button!

    ReplyDelete